- Using a third-party authentication application to generate a secret key, a user enters the key in the New/Edit Password page. This initiates a rotation of a temporary six-digit OTP for that particular IT Glue or MyGlue password record that requires multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- A one-time password can be set up on each client password so you can ensure that your technicians have access to the respective OTP code as well as the username and password.
- Once initiated, the OTP code can also be viewed and copied on both the IT Glue and MyGlue Chrome Extension and mobile apps. OTPs can also be viewed, added, and deleted via the IT Glue API.
MyGlue SSO & Just-in-Time (JIT) Provisioning
- IT Glue Administrators and Managers that have access to all organizations can now enable SSO for their clients. This feature is available on our Enterprise plans.
- Enabling SSO eliminates the need for MyGlue users to remember another email address and password to access their data and work. SSO is also a key feature that can help drive adoption while streamlining your MyGlue user’s login workflows. Your MyGlue users that are already using SSO to log into their tools can now easily access MyGlue using the same, familiar process.
- MyGlue SSO also supports Just-in-Time (JIT) provisioning which allows MyGlue users to be automatically created when signing in via SAML SSO. New users will have access to MyGlue immediately without having to wait for an Administrator or Manager to set up their account.
Password Folder Security for IT Glue & MyGlue
- Previously, we announced the ability for users to create password folders within IT Glue and MyGlue. Now, you are able to create security permissions for those password folders and ensure that the same permissions cascade down to all subfolders and passwords within them. Ensuring the inheritance of the same permissions helps to streamline your password management workflow and allows you to focus on other critical tasks.
- If your clients are using MyGlue to securely store their passwords, they can also use password folders security to organize their passwords, including both team-based and business personal passwords. In addition, this capability also allows MSPs to easily collaborate with their clients, ensuring that both parties can access the latest passwords through secure means. Setting password folder security on your shared data means you can ensure that protocols are followed and that your teams have the same access, edit, and delete permissions.
- Flexible asset list views now load much faster and their UI has been refreshed to look like your core asset list views such as Configurations. These performance enhancements ensure that you can quickly browse through all your columns using horizontal scrolling in one view as well as filter your list in real-time.
- Further, our enhancement to the flexible asset list view table now preserves your desired columns after any modifications.
Checklist Due Date Notifications
- This is the latest enhancement to the Checklists function already available in IT Glue and MyGlue, ensuring that your workflow targets are never missed. After creating a new checklist, assign it or the various tasks within it to members of your team.
- Each member will automatically receive an email notifying them of the new assignment they now have ownership of.
- Owners will also automatically receive an email reminder notification for all of their assignments at 7 and 1 day(s) before the due date if the Notifications setting on the user profile is active.
- The ability to archive Configurations and Passwords in both IT Glue and MyGlue helps keep your workspace streamlined and up-to-date, displaying only the most relevant data to your everyday tasks.
- As you further document more assets to build out your client’s IT environments, you may feel the need to archive any inactive or old ones that are no longer needed on a regular basis.
- Assets that you’ve archived can be unarchived at any time. You can also choose whether or not you want archived assets to appear in searches so you retain maximum visibility of all your data.
- Use the MyGlue Help Center to strengthen your relationship with your MyGlue users on a wider level. Publish any general SOPs that you think benefit all of your MyGlue users to the Help Center where they can automatically access the information directly in their own instances.
- The MyGlue Help Center empowers your users to learn about and/or troubleshoot general topics based on their specific needs and timelines. It also allows your users to find instructions related to their IT infrastructure without having to wait for you, their IT provider, to get back to them.
- Not only does this cut down on tickets, but it also means you can focus your communications with your users on more complex topics and collaborative projects.
Unitrends Backup Coverage Report
- For our partners with an active Unitrends MSP integration, you can set up and generate Backup Coverage Reports for your Configurations synced with Unitrends MSP. These reports give you full visibility into your client’s devices, allowing you to pinpoint exactly which devices are not backed up and require immediate action.
- The generated report provides a summary count of all successful backups, failed backups, and unprotected assets as well as the Configuration name, type, status, last backup date, and last backup time for each successful, failed backup, and/or unprotected asset.
- Take your Kaseya BMS integration even further with BMS Live Ticketing in IT Glue. This feature allows you to open, update, and resolve BMS tickets directly in IT Glue without having to switch between the applications.
- By streamlining this workflow, your technicians can focus on delivering value to your clients more efficiently.
Network Glue enhancements:
- Virtual Network Documentation:
- Network Glue now automatically discovers the virtual components of your networks including Hyper-V and VMware data, giving you full visibility into your virtual and physical IT environment and allowing you to document your virtual assets on one, trusted platform.
- New icons and connections on the network diagram mean your technicians can quickly determine the devices that serve as virtual machine hosts and pinpoint issues with more efficiency.
- To have your Network Glue Collector identify your virtual assets, refer to our Setting up Network Glue for an IT Glue organization KB article. To learn more about how the virtual documentation is displayed in your network diagram, check out our Guide to the Network Glue network diagram KB article. For further details on how your virtual documentation can be matched and enrich your IT Glue Configurations, please see our Guide to Network Glue device matching and Enriching IT Glue Configurations with Network Glue data KB articles.
IT Glue in Fusion App
- Earlier this year, Kaseya Fusion launched as the only app in the channel to combine both PSA and RMM functionality. Now, we have added IT Glue functionality to the app to further streamline IT technician workflows.
- This first release of Fusion with IT Glue features an Organization Dashboard focused on what techs need most while on a client site. This includes location information, key contacts, and wifi passwords. Further, techs are able to open all their tickets and projects for the client imported from BMS, cutting down on the number of return trips needed. The location functionality also allows the tech to see what other clients are close by, improving routing efficiency.
- If you are using BMS, VSA, and IT Glue, head over the App Store or Google Play on your mobile device to download the Kaseya Fusion app.
- This new integration allows you to view backup statuses and appliance information of your Configurations directly in IT Glue. Unitrends MSP allows managed service providers to monitor and manage their backups and disaster recovery strategies in one centralized portal.
- Our new integration allows you to view this powerful information directly in IT Glue, eliminating the need to switch between the Unitrends MSP portal and IT Glue. By closing this ‘space between’, technicians can quickly access backup statuses, endpoint storage data, and appliance information they need without navigating away from the IT Glue Configuration they are working on.
myITprocess (mITp) Integration
- myITprocess (mITp) is used by IT and Managed Service Providers to establish comprehensive IT standards, build strategic roadmaps for their client’s technology needs, and maintain alignment in their clients’ technologies through reviews and impact assessments.
- With this integration, you can view expired Configurations directly from your mITp home page and create strategic recommendations targeting those Configurations immediately. This integration is available for all mITp accounts.