This article explains how the additional data collected by the Network Glue Collector is displayed for existing IT Glue configurations. Additional data enriches the IT Glue configurations and allows you to easily search for device data.
Field display logic
The below table describes the data you will see in the IT Glue Configuration Show Page. This table is applicable to all four of the following scenarios:
- Scenario 1: No PSA, no RMM, and Network Glue
- Scenario 2: No PSA, RMM, and Network Glue
- Scenario 3: PSA, no RMM, and Network Glue
- Scenario 4: PSA, RMM, and Network Glue
|Network Glue Field||IT Glue Configuration Show Page|
|Web Server Type||*|
Note: This feature will only work for matched devices. Only an IT Glue configuration can be displayed in the Connected to field. For example, if you have a matched switch with a connection to an unmatched device, the connection will not display.
|If Active Directory was enabled during Network Glue Collector setup, the below fields will be enriched if there was no existing value:|
|If Active Directory was enabled during Network Glue Collector setup, the below fields will appear:|
|Active Directory Domain||*|
|Custom DNS Entries||*|
* Denotes a new field that IT Glue recognizes with Network Glue
The Compare Data page allows you to view all existing data from your integrated PSA and/or RMM as well as the additional data collected by Network Glue in a single view.
- Navigate to Organizations > Configurations.
- On the Configuration show page, you will see a timestamp showing the last time of update from your PSA, RMM, and Network Glue. Click on the Compare data hyperlink below these timestamps.
- The new Compare Data page provides the following data:
- Device icon, name, and type
- IT Glue section - Displays all data coming from IT Glue or PSA
- Network Glue section - Displays all data coming from Network Glue
- [RMM Name] section - Displays all data coming from RMM, if the configuration is RMM-synced
- [PSA Name] section - Displays all data coming from PSA, if the configuration is PSA-synced
- Click on the Back to [Configuration Name] button at the bottom of the page to return to the original configuration show page.