The Internet/WAN flexible asset is used to capture key information to connect with the ISP in times of service degradation or outage, or for billing updates.
Before you begin, watch the following IT Glue express video (1:17):
- Load the network attached devices in the client environment as configurations.
- If multiple clients are serviced by a single ISP, capture the vendor's contact information in a central place. For more information, see Vendors.
- Create a document with procedures for a fall-back internet connection, if present. Consider this question: If there was an after hours internet outage at the client site, are there any other procedures that should be documented?
- Ask for a recent invoice to get some account details that you will need to enter.
- Navigate to the organization you are onboarding.
- Click on Internet/WAN in the left sidebar and then on the + New button in the top-right corner.
- Complete as many fields as required including any technical details that you need for troubleshooting. Then, click Save.
- In the right-hand side panel, complete each of the below:
- Attachments - Attach a copy of the invoice you requested above.
- Embedded Passwords - Add the client's ISP login credentials.
Related Items -
- Add the LAN and any VLAN/subnets that you created with the LAN flexible asset.
- Add the fall-back or outage procedure documents you created above.