Use this article as a guide to create and maintain an RMM integration with Central, which is LogMeIn’s RMM solution. This gives you information about Model, Serial No., connected MAC Addresses, and CPU in IT Glue.
It should only take about an hour to get up and running with your RMM. This is a rough estimate based on our experience with several partners who integrated with their RMM.
The LogMeIn integration will do the following:
For more information about device mappings, see our RMM Field Mappings KB article.
- Manager or Administrator level access to IT Glue.
- A Premier or Insight LogMeIn Central subscription. This is required to use the Inventory Reporting feature. For more information, review the About Inventory Reporting section of LogMeIn’s documentation here.
- A Manager role will only be able to see RMM matched/unmatched data for organizations that they have explicit access to. To grant access to RMM data for all organizations, refer to Step 7 of our Adding and removing users KB article.
Configuring LogMeIn Central
IT Glue talks to LogMeIn via API to monitor devices so we can perform our routine sync. To get started with the API, you need to obtain your pre-shared key (PSK) and Company ID from LogMeIn Central. These are needed for all authentication actions within this integration.
- Log in to LogMeIn Central.
- Navigate to Configuration > API.
- In the Generate Pre-Shared Key for API screen, you will see your CompanyID. Then, click Generate to create the PSK.
Important. Copy your PSK for use throughout this integration. This exact key cannot be accessed again, so make sure that you have it saved.
Enable LogMeIn Inventory Reporting
With a Premier or Insight subscription, you can use the Inventory Reporting feature. The Inventory Report provides data from all host computers in a single composite report. Use the API to request data for any chosen fields on the reported data. To activate Inventory Reporting, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Configuration > Reports.
- Select the Enable inventory reporting checkbox.
- Click Save Settings.
The Inventory Reporting feature is deployed to any online host within one minute. For any offline host, the package is stored and deployed when the host next comes online.
Enter your RMM credentials
- Log in to your IT Glue account and navigate to Account > Integrations. Click on the green + New button and then on the LogMeIn Central icon.
- Enter your LogMeIn CustomerID into the Customer ID field and the PSK into the API Key field. Then, click on the Connect button.
- From the Account Integrations screen, click Actions > Start Manual Sync.
- When the sync is complete, the Status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
IT Glue discovers groups and computers and tries to match them to data in your account. The matching logic is covered in our RMM Field Mappings KB article. Anything that isn't automatically matched will need to be manually mapped.
- From the Account Integrations screen, find LogMeIn Central in the list and click on Actions > Matching.
- In the Unmatched tab, review the unmatched organizations.
- If you're happy with a suggested match, click Accept Suggestion to accept it.
- If there is no suggested match, or it is incorrect, you can search for and choose a different organization using the Match To field.
- If no organization exists in IT Glue, you can choose to create an organization. You can also choose to ignore groups, which means they won't count as unmatched items in subsequent syncs.
Warning. Before creating an organization from the matching screen, ensure that no corresponding organization already exists, otherwise a duplicate will be created.
- If any matches are incorrect, click on Actions > Change Match and select a different organization to match to.
Once all organizations have been matched, the same process should be followed for any unmatched configurations.
- From the Matched tab, choose any organization that has unmatched computers, click the Actions button, and select Match Devices.
- For any unmatched configurations, you can either accept the suggested match, search for an IT Glue configuration by entering the name in the Match To field, or create a new configuration by clicking Actions > Create Configuration.
Warning. Before creating a configuration from the matching screen, ensure that no corresponding configuration already exists, otherwise a duplicate will be created.
If you already integrate with a PSA tool or are planning to in the future, creating organizations and configurations from your RMM tool is not recommended. Please see our Sync Methods, which one to choose KB article for more information on combining PSA and RMM integrations.