This topic will show you how to associate virtual machines to host servers using the Virtualization Flexible Asset to provide a snapshot of a virtualized environment.
- Add the virtual machines and host servers as configurations.
Follow the instructions below to record information that will help you manage and troubleshoot the hypervisor and virtual machines.
- Navigate to the organization you are onboarding.
- Click on Virtualization in the left sidebar and then on the + New button in the top-right corner.
- In the Create Virtualization screen, complete each of the below fields:
- Office Location - Tag the location of the server.
- Virtualization Technology - Select either VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Virtualization Hosts - Tag the host servers you created further above.
- Embed any local server passwords to the relevant configurations if the servers are not members of AD.
- Virtual Machines - Tag the virtual machines you created further above.
- Click Save.
- Use the Attachments and Related Items sections to add long form documentation. Consider creating a document with advanced configuration details or adding new fields to the flexible asset to record additional details, such as:
- File path to directory of virtual machines
- Any extra setup and install logs to the asset
- Supporting documents to detail usage, configuration, or capacity planning
- Storage information if separate