This article explains how to document a wireless solution using the Wireless Flexible Asset. This asset is useful for identifying the required equipment and capturing wireless security information such as SSID and the wireless password (also called the pre-shared key).
- Load the network attached devices and access points in the client environment as configurations.
Create one entry for each WLAN/SSID.
- Navigate to the organization you are onboarding.
- Click on Wireless in the left sidebar and then on the + New button in the top-right corner.
- In the Create Wireless screen, complete each of these fields below:
- Network Name - Enter the network's name. The title must provide a quick reference in list view and be easy to search.
- Physical Location - Search for and select the location.
- SSID - Enter the SSID.
- Security Type - Select the encryption type.
- Pre-Shared Key - Enter the pre-shared key, if required.
- Access Point(s) - Search for and select each access point that provides service for this SSID.
- Wireless Controller(s) - Search for and select the wireless controller if present.
- Record the Management IP Address, Username, and Password of the wireless controller's administrative web interface in the fields provided.
- Click Save.
- In Passwords, add the login credentials for the central console for the wireless network devices (if that's not already done) and then link this password in the Related Items section on the right-hand side panel.
- (Optional) In Documents, create instructions for devices that cannot connect to the recommended wireless network, such as a wireless printer, Apple TV, or SmartTV, and then link the documents in the Related Items section on the right-hand side panel.