This article describes how to create intelligent links to open up client information in IT Glue directly from ConnectWise.
IT Glue is built using principles that ensure predictable or stable URLs, to make integrating with other applications easy. Every organization in IT Glue is associated with a base URL that can be added to ConnectWise. When this URL is added to ConnectWise (using the company record ID as a dynamic parameter), it activates links to the relevant resources in IT Glue.
- User account with modify access to ConnectWise setup tables.
- In ConnectWise, from the navigation menu, click System, then Setup Tables.
- From the Category drop-down list, select General and then press enter.
- Click Links from the Tables drop-down list.
- Click the + (new item icon) to add a new link.
- On the next screen, enter the following information:
- Link Name: IT Glue
(the name that you want to appear in drop-down menus)
- Table Reference: Company
- Link Definition: https://mycompany.itglue.com/links/connectwise/org/[companyrecordid] (with your subdomain instead of "mycompany")
- Click Save and Close. You are now ready to use this feature.
Now if you go to ConnectWise and browse to a client that's synced with IT Glue, you can select IT Glue from the Links drop-down menu to navigate to that client in IT Glue.